Covered beaker from the Ingolstadt council silver
The magnificent covered beaker, together with four other late Gothic silver cups, formed the centrepiece of Ingolstadt's council silver. Such silver treasures were considered to be the most precious expression of municipal representation. It was used on official occasions or at least put on display. In 1813, Ingolstadt's council silver had to be auctioned off and is now scattered all over the world. This virtuoso embossed cup with its sturdy bulges on the wall and lid rests on three statuettes of St George. On the inside of the lid is the coat of arms of Hanns Glätzl (d. 1494). He was a member of the Inner and Outer Council and at times Mayor of Ingolstadt.